Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Texas Adventure

So I bought a car on ebay. Utter madness, I know. The carfax report was clean, the guy's feedback was almost completely positive, and it had no reserve. Still, it's somewhat crazy. The craziness is related to the fact that the car is in Houston some 1500 miles away. It will take at least two, maybe three days to drive it back to Utah where I live. Add to that the fact that it is a 22 year old car, and I am in for an interesting adventure. I bought a 1983 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel.

If you know anything about these cars you will know that this particular model of car has been known to last 1 million miles. Now, who really knows what shape my car is in, but I am about to find out. I fly out to Houston to pick it up on Friday. I plan on writing about my journey. I won't be blogging it live due to the fact that I have decided to leave my laptop at home. But I will be writing about it. Unfortunately no one could go with me, so I ought to have a lot of time to think. Let's hope she runs as good as advertised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home